Sep 25, 2008

Hidden Wonders


While exploring the Roman Forum the other day, I found this little almost hidden niche. I had to bend down and look through some bars from this blocked off lower area. Almosting missing it, but because the sun started to shine the stairs came into light and unless you where looking down you wouldn't even see this! And I was totally taken by the picture that these steps seem to make. The shadows that make it seem slightly dramatic.

I loved exploring the Roman Forum, it was very hard to resist the temptation of climbing onto all the ruins. Thankfully and very sadly, most of the stuff that was easy to climb on was guarded off my gates or was fenced in. Unlike in the Palinto; the Beverly Hills of ancient Rome. I was climbing on top of a lot of stuff there. It was quite fun!

No comments: