Oct 3, 2008

St. Peter's dome/ Vatican

Okay so you probably heard a little about the trip to the top of St.Peter's Dome from Katie's blog, but I'm going to rant a bit about it anyway... heheh (This happened on the 30th by the way)

Anyway the view was quite nice, and worth the horrendous/ never ending stairway trip up. The only thing I was disappointed in was the fact that when we got to the point where we could look down into the church, there was a big grid-like fence in our way from fully viewing the beauty of the church below.




Needless to say I did enjoy seeing the fantastic mosaics up close. If I'm not mistaken, I think all of the "paintings" in St.Peter's are all mosaics. It was very hard to tell sometimes they were just so detailed.

And when we finally got to the top everything looked so awesome. And it was a beautiful day~! We could even pick out where our apartments where. Stephano is surprisingly afraid of heights though, it took him a while to get use to the height and come over to the edge.






Can you believe that this place is only a two minute walk to where we are staying? I can come here whenever I want- Ahh so cool~ XD

No comments: