Nov 4, 2008

Update!


Well its that time of year again. The leafs are finally starting to change color here in great Roma. Fall weather has started and its almost all to soon that we will have to return state side again. Rome; for me, is a home away from home. It holds many characteristics that I only seem to find in the South. The atmosphere is just so homely, its very comforting for me, and I can honestly say that I could easly make Rome a permanent home for myself.

We have been really busy here since the trip to Umbria. We have traveled to Florence and had much fun while we were there. I found that I love wild boar to eat, and its just simply amazing tasting. Florence is vastly different from Rome and maybe it was because it truly wasn't sunny in Florence while we were there, but I found Rome to be the better city. So much art was in Florence! I went on a total art overload! x.x I found I am more attracted to Botticelli, Filippo Lippi, Menling and so many more!

We went into the Vatican Museum and there was even more art there! I saw my first, Francis Bacon in person, an artist who I have loved since middle school, as well as a Salvidor Dali, another artist who peaked my interest while I was in high school. It truly made my day!

We also had a mini Halloween party at our Roman apartment, which meant we raided the closet here were we found many cool things! Like the green hat in the picture below; which i am totally keeping! We found christmas decoration as well and went around listening to Halloween music; such as Thriller by Micheal Jackson, then watching Dan Cook on Youtube; we would not survive with out youtube here! We found many more treasures in the closet as well, its was over all very fun!


We went to another museum after class one day, and they had several more Carrivaggio's inside of it! We've seen atleast 10 of his works! So much art! It was interesting to see the difference of early Carrivaggio to what we know of him such as in Calling of St. Matthew( which we saw with in the first week or two of being here). I also managed to pick up a lil small gift set for my friend Stacy, a small spiral book that came with a pencil and eraser, kinda silly but it has a picture of one of Carrivaggio's early works on it and I just couldn't say no! X.x

Ciao,
Shannon!

No comments: